Bartosz Janczak - born 27th of June 1984 - is a sculptor, curator and designer from Poland, currently living in Barcelona, Spain. After spending ten years in the field of design, working for some of the best advertising agencies and most renowned brands in the world, he decided to follow his heart and become a sculptor.
His abstract forms are inspired by military defense structures, brutalist architecture and Eastern Bloc monuments. They exhibit bold, aggressive shapes, as if they tore the air apart with their edges; other times appear to be caught in a deadlock. His abstract, minimal objects create a great contrast when embraced by natural and urban surroundings.
You can find his sculptures in various countries Spain, Poland, Estonia, Latvia, China, and Taiwan. Bartosz is also a co-founder of the Sonder Foundation, an organization supporting and promoting the activities of abstract contemporary artists.
• “RETRANSMISSION_” group exhibition at Mirus Gallery - Denver and Los
• “Sculpture Laboratory” at ToTuArt - Centrum Praskie Koneser - Warsaw / Poland
• “Sculpture and Spatial Forms Exhibition”, Pragaleria, Warsaw / Poland
• Joint Exhibition at Museu d'Arquitectura i Urbanisme "Josep Mas Dordal”,
Almacelles / Spain
• 3rd Edition of Sculpture Park d’Europa, Almacelles / Spain
• "Muestra Internacional de Arte Abstracto”, ImaginArte Gallery, Barcelona / Spain
• Art Residency at The Art Department of National Taipei University of Education
(NTUE), Taipei / Taiwan
• "Karosta Festival", Liepaja / Latvia
• Cooper Leg Art Residency, Vaskjala / Estonia
• “Ar/t /chitecture Art Festival", Tainan / Taiwan
• “New Order” Group Show at ToTuArt - Centrum Praskie Koneser, Warsaw / Poland
• “Unknown Pleasures" Abstract Art Festival, Taipei / Taiwan
• “Paradise Garage” Solo Exhibition, G11ery, London / UK
• "Traffic Art Festival", Gdynia / Poland
• Solo Exhibition at Craft Mnl, Manila / Philippines
• Lyric Installations Festival, Gdansk / Poland
• “Typoets in Viuro”, Collective exhibition, Warsaw / Poland